Our Advanced Aesthetics for the Licensed Professional and Medical Office Aesthetics programs are offered at our affiliate school, the Academy of Advanced Aesthetics and Permanent Cosmetics (AAAPC), located in Peoria and Scottsdale The Academy provides programs for Aestheticians, RNs, LPNs and Cosmetologists who seek clinically corrective skincare methods. These classes are structured for the professional who seek a more clinical approach to skin care. We offer one-day and weekend classes to licensed professionals who want to develop proficiency in additional areas. For hands-on participation, you must bring a model. Certificates will be awarded at the end of these courses.
Advanced Aesthetics for Licensed Professionals
Upon completion of the following affordable classes, clinicians will have better knowledge of the skin to recognize different skin conditions, possess strong consultation skills to educate clients for increased product sales and services, and tailor chemical peeling techniques to improve the skin's appearance.
Advanced Product and Ingredient Knowledge for Skin Disorders
Learn common skin disorders and
- Ingredients that enhance a positive outcome
- Ingredients that will aggravate the disorder
Advanced Skin Analysis (Increase income up to $1,000 per week)
In this class you will learn –
- How to engage your client into your way of thinking
- How to give an effective skin analysis
- How to learn the art of listening
- How to learn when to speak and when to “shut up”
- How to get what you want with ease
- Learn a small but powerful trick that will seal the deal on your suggested, treatment series, retail products and will keep the client coming in week after week, and year after year.
Advanced Acne Facials Using Extraction Tools (Extractors & Lancets)
There are many concepts to determine the general skin type, texture and conditions. As a skin specialist, it is important to know how to detect the critical components necessary to perform a plan of action. You will also learn how to perform skillful extraction techniques using various tools.
Advanced Facials with Machines & Microdermabrasion
The facial process is divided into many steps. Incorporating useful machines can provide a benefit while enhancing a treatment. Learn when to integrate these devices in a facial treatment.
Basic Chemical Exfoliation
There different types of chemical peels based on the penetration and the type of solution used. Learn –
- AHAs vs BHAs
- Depth vs. concentration
- Three mechanism of chemical peeling
- The 5 peeling Techniques
- Client selection
- Best solution for skin disorder
- …and more
Advanced Medium-Depth Chemical Exfoliation Techniques (Jessner's Formulas: Resorcinol & Non-Resorcinol)
Jessner's solutions are medium depth exfoliates that significantly improves sun-damaged, aging, acne and blemished skins. These chemical exfoliates are known to stimulate collagen production giving aging skin a firmer appearance. Layering techniques using other exfoliants to improve hyperpigmentation, aging, and acne in all skin types and ethnicities will be demonstrated to create optimal results including use on stretch marks and scars. This is a hands-on class.
- Licensed aestheticians or cosmetologists will receive a chemical peeling kit.
Advanced Microdermabrasion using Chemical Exfoliators
Want to WOW your clients with healthier, smoother and even-toned skin. Understanding the principals of how to use chemical exfoliates and add microdermabrasion to the treatment will advance your career to another level.
- Licensed aestheticians or cosmetologists will receive a chemical peeling kit
Advanced Exfoliating on Global Skin Tones 3 to 6
This class solves the mystery of peeling global skins. It is important to know the components of global skins as well as the healing and risk factors prior to selecting a peeling solution. The propensity of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH) and hypertrophic scarring can be avoided as long as technicians are competently trained.
Revenue Generated Acne Treatments
Acne is the most prevalent skin disorder afflicting both males and females whether they are teens or adults. Understanding the major principles of acne, the triggers causing acne, treatments and home care product ingredients that control this disorder will generate a great income. Controlling acne is a self-esteem and confidence builder for your client but the gratification of seeing your client's life move forward is priceless!
Medical Office Aesthetics
There is a constant demand for licensed professionals to work in a medical environment. AAAPC has developed a strategic program that prepares individuals to meet the demands of a cosmetic surgeon, reconstructive surgeon or dermatologic practice. These classes can be taken separately or as a one-week program. You will learn:
- Role of an licensed professional in a medical office
- Medical terminology
- Medical intervention
- Peeling agents
- Medical peeling agents
- Plastic surgery procedures
- Pre- and post treatments
- Manual lymphatic drainage
- Skin needling techniques
These hands-on classes will teach you waxing skills that will make you more efficient in administrating face and body treatments. These classes are fun and exciting and will teach you the waxing abilities that every client is willing to pay for.
- Waxing made easy, step-by-step
- Facial waxing
- Proper use of hard & soft wax
- Lower leg wax (in 15 minutes)
- Hollywood Brow Wax
- Brazilian bikini wax (just two pulls)
- The business of waxing (client building and retention)
Natural Detoxification and Skin Diagnosis
We are surrounded by toxic elements that are carried into our tissues. These toxins can affect the bodily systems. Learn –
- How the body becomes toxic
- Signs of what to look for when diagnosing the skin
- Questions to ask in regards to diet and related symptoms
- Different techniques to detox naturally and what the results could be
Natural Energy Facial
In this class, the objective is to perform massages in ways that can totally balance and energize clients.
- Includes demo and hands-on
Advanced Alternative Skin Diagnosis
Learn advance techniques and information on ethnic, acne and mature skin types that will detect emotional attachment, stress and hormonal imbalances to skin
Ayurvedic Skin Typing and Doshes
An East Indian method of body typing to help further skin diagnosing to help reveal more about the likes, dislikes of people, types of foods and lifestyles that helps to balance the mind, and body spirit. You will leave feeling informed on:
- An additional way to diagnosis the skin’s needs
- A complete breakdown of the three doshes
- How to incorporate this information to your client’s lifestyle choices
- Products needed to balance their body
Manual Lymphatic Drainage Certification
A Vodder method massage that is gentle and brings balance to the body’s internal chemistry; helps purify and regenerate tissues, as well as normalize functions of organs and promote immune system functions. This is an introduction to the techniques of Emil Vodder, Ph.D. This is a two-part class. You will learn:
- A quick review of the lymphatic systems
- Outline how and when this massage is incorporated during facials and pre & post operations
- Be familiar skin types and conditions this massage is best suited for
- Practicals will be performed on models
A basic understanding of Foot Reflexology that will teach you –
- Warm up techniques that can be used in a foot massage
- Overall health related benefits of Reflexology
Hot Stones Treatments for Face and Body
This treatment can easily be incorporated in your menu of services. The soothing benefits, such as, bringing relief to stiff and sore muscles will have clients coming back for more. You will learn the equipment necessary to heat the stones; how to select the proper sizes and shapes of stones to correspond to body regions; which oils are used to glide stones; and, the various techniques used in hot stone therapies.
Smooth, soft, silky skin is in demand and the body is no exception! Learn the benefits and value of salt and sugar scrubs, and body wraps. These treatments can be done without having the expense of a wet room or shower. You will participate in performing a body treatment. The course covers client consultation, treatment benefits, room set-up, equipment, and supplies and follow up treatment.
Eyelash extensions are the latest "must have" in the beauty industry. They go undetected, looking and feeling like real lashes. Your clients will want them for everyday use, or for special occasions. A certified eyelash extension trainer conducts our comprehensive, hands-on class. The techniques shown will guide you in learning effective application and methods of complimenting a variety of eye shapes. A complete kit is provided.
Aesthetics and cosmetology schools are always looking for passionate aestheticians wanting to share their talents with those entering into the beauty industry. Having at least one year of hands-on skills working in a salon, spa or doctor's office gives future aestheticians the advantage of connecting with the real world. The Skin & Makeup Institute of Arizona offers an instructor's curriculum and the tools necessary to acquire licensing by the Arizona Board of Cosmetology.
The 500-hour program requires:
- Orientation and Arizona Laws and Rules
- Theory, Preparation, and Practice Curriculum Development
- Developing and Using Educational Aids
- Presentation Principles (Practical and Written)
- Classroom Management, Assessment, and Remediation Methods (Practical and Written)
- Diversity in Learning (Including Cultural)
- Methods of Teaching
- Professional Development (Including Ethics)
- Lab (Clinic)