600-Hour Licensed Aesthetics Program
This program will help you understand the functioning and internal mechanism of the skin. You will learn spa and salon techniques that will prepare you for performing facial and body treatments as well as clinical treatments that correct a variety of disorders of the skin. Each student will be required to perform mock state board testing as well as weekly written tests to insure the level of confidence necessary for passing the state board's written and practical examinations.
The Licensed Aesthetic Program will cover:
- Client consultation and skin analysis
- Equipment and room setup
- Facial cleansing and massage techniques
- Chemical exfoliation using glycolic, lactic, salicylic, etc.
- Understanding skin types and ethnic skin
- Management of acne
- Correcting sun damaged skin
- Reversing the signs of aging
- Hard and soft wax hair removal
- and much more
Also Includes Basic Makeup Program
Students train in cosmetic application of artificial eyelashes, day and special occasion makeup. The focus is working with the consumer who wants to enhance their appearance. You will be taught the principle of how to conduct a makeup lesson. This is a valuable tool for working in a salon, spa as well as a doctor's office. Cosmetic surgeons seek individuals who can assist their patients with a new look after surgery.
Basic Makeup Program will cover the following:
- Cosmetic applications and camouflage techniques
- Determining skin tones and undertones
- Identify different face shapes, eyes, lips and brow shapes.
- Application & removal of artificial lashes.
- How to conduct client makeup lessons
- Bridal makeup